Saturday, January 21, 2012

Macarons!!

You know that the winter season is over and spring is here when all the scrapbooking newsletters you receive in your inbox shows bright, colourful kits instead of pale whitish ones. I am tempted to buy some new kits but I already have so many kits in my HDD that I think I need to do a stock-check first. LOL!

I had some breakthrough in my journey of macarons. Firstly, I've got to post this picture which I found on the internet which I think is really apt.



Macaron is made of finely grounded almond, icing sugar, egg whites and castor sugar. The centre is filled with cream or jam etc.

Recipe is super simple but the execution of it, is like a chemistry project and I lost count of the time I failed. Either the meringue was under-beaten or the macaronage was under/over-mixed. Sometimes, my oven is too hot by 5 degree cel, sometimes, I overshot by 5 minutes.
Anyway, for the past few tries, I have partial success (not the entire batch survived) and here are they!







Definitely going to make more and get more confident in this!

Here's the template you are waiting for! Have a great weekend!
(It's a long weekend for me 'coz we are celebrating Chinese Lunar New Year on Monday and Tuesday!)


Click on preview to download.
  

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 5 post on Jan. 21, 2012. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much for the template. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for #65... I have never seen the first cookie before. I would like the coffee one. The coconut one was what I was talking about. Enjoy your New year...

    ReplyDelete