Sunday, November 28, 2010

Skin smoothing on PS

I read and learnt a very useful technique yesterday.
It is for smoothing skin (especially for faces) in PS.

I have a Samsung camera which detects faces when focusing and auto-smooths them when I shoot. However, my iphone's camera application does not do that automatically.
I do have a few other applications that can do it but that will mean switching applications during photo-taking.

So I decide to do some googling and found a useful tutorial here.
If you are interested, read it up!

Here's my result.

Steps are very easy:-
1. duplicate a layer
2. create a quick-mask on the new layer and paint over the area you wish to smooth
3. go back to standard mode and feather selection  (or feather the inverse)
4. add a filter of gussian blur (radius approximately 3 pixel) to the painted area
5. add a little bit of noise (2.5%) so that it is not overly smooth
  

2 comments:

  1. thank you so much for the tip , tutorials look great !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacklyn! thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I used the Pea Amy*Rica Script for the journaling. Check it out on http://kevinandamanda.com/fonts/fontsforpeas/category/script/
    hugs, Ava-J

    ReplyDelete